Vital Pompey membership participation time! Questions are being asked so lets have some answers – next up is Pastyman72.
Always looking for membership participation Vital Pompey is looking to conduct a number of Vital Pompey summer interviews with ‘The dirty dozen’ series, so all you have to do is email your answers (firstname.lastname@example.org) to these questions and I will then publish them.
Next up is Pastyman72, so without any further a do here are the answers given…
1) Maybe its viewed as an ‘odd question’ but did you enjoy the 2011/12 season?
I’ve certainly seen more enjoyable seasons over the years but I always enjoy a football season whatever the outcome. Call me a masochist but I enjoy it even more when it’s “us against the world” which, since the collapse of CSI, it’s certainly felt like.
2) What was your ‘highlight’ of the season?
Michael Appleton joining the club. A breath of fresh air with exactly the attitude we need. And an eye for a decent young, hungry player as well.
And not losing to the Scum of course.
3) And your ‘lowest point’ of 2011/12?
The collapse of CSI and administration. Couldn’t be anything else really!
4) Who was your player of the season, and why?
Greg Halford. Solid and dependable throughout, I thought.
5) What about the player you think contributed the least and should not have been with us?
Controversy here by not naming Kitson, I suspect. I’ll go with Kanu. Did little to justify his contract extension for me. At least Kitson did play and even tried at times. Not many times, granted, but occasionally…………….
6) How do you feel about playing in the third tier of English football?
Been there before so holds no fear for me. I suspect the play will be a bit more rugged but when you’ve seen Mick Kennedy crippling Glenn Hoddle, sometimes you yearn for no-nonsense football again. Bring it on!
7) Will you be getting a season ticket for the 2012/13 season or just ‘picking and choosing’ your games?
Alas, my retail work means I get very few Saturdays to myself so picking and choosing will again be the order of the day!
8) What team are you most looking forward to facing next season?
As stated before, I was born in Gibraltar, left at 9 months old and was planning to return for the first time later this year for my 40th. This has now been brought forward due to the pre-season friendly so looking forward immensely to that!
In a regular season game, I’d have to say Crawley as it’s “just down the road” for us West Sussexers!
9) And the team you are least relishing?
Sheffield United. They’ll be like a wounded animal after their play-off defeat and I still remember losing 1-0 to them at Bramall Lane after a spirited rear-guard action after going down to 8 men. Even then they needed a Paul Mariner own goal! Bad memories!
I think they’ll be tough to beat next year.
10) It is tough to know who will, and will not, be with Pompey in the 2012/13 season but at the moment who is your early tip for the player of the year?
God alone knows! If Etuhu stays, he might have the measure of the League 1 defences. Or Futacs! With nothing concrete, I’ll have to defer my answer to this one.
11) Which youngster do you think will make the biggest impression during the upcoming season?
If Magri stays, we could actually see him get a game. Either Magri or a young keeper – I suspect whoever ends up in goal will get a fair few shots to save!
12) At the time of asking this it is still early doors but what are your hopes/expectation for the 2012/13 season?
Nothing more than consolidation, an end to administration and, hopefully, not falling into a third admin after a few months!
Thanks again to Pastyman72.
So, what you waiting for!
Get your answers to me right away (email@example.com) and I will get them published one by one…
UKTony – here.
PLAY UP POMPEY!
Vital Pompey on: Vital Pompey on: