Date: 21st February 2010 at 9:05am
Written by:

Obviously I did not see this, but was sent a text prior to yesterdays game about it, but Peter Storrie was on ESPN Soccernet last night talking about another possible takeover.

A deal is ‘red hot’ to sell the club to this South African group – as mentioned in The News on Thursday, who are now being asked to ‘prove’ proof of funds being available: ‘a deal to sell the club is red hot, proof of funds has been asked for, it’s been lodged with the lawyers, and now all we need to do is to have those proof of funds lodged with the bank, and we can go ahead with the takeover.’

Being ‘concluded in principle’ is something that may well be the case tomorrow – fingers crossed, and without the need for administration: ‘we want to keep this club alive, we don’t want to go into administration and lose nine points, we believe we can conclude a deal to sell the club.

‘We’ve been talking to the South Africans quite heavily all last week, and we are hopeful, but we’ve been there before, so let’s see what Monday brings.’

Storrie also made ‘claims’ of being ‘abused by fans’, well both he and his family, because of the proposal of selling players that came along during the week – something that he says was actually the premier leagues idea, even though they rejected it: ‘that was their suggestion, the idea came from them in the first place. I can understand objections from other clubs but I didn’t even know such a rule existed.

‘But myself and my family have had very serious threats upon myself personally, and we’ve had to take a lot of abuse.

‘I am staying on because I love the club and have worked so hard to do everything I can in the next few days to keep it alive.’

To be honest I have little more to say on Storrie, I have said pretty much everything that I have to say – ok, if this abuse against him and his family has come along, this should not happen but I DO still maintain my thoughts that ‘should’ we get out of this mess then the honourable thing for him to do is resign, either that or ‘possible’ new owners move him on.

For the sake of EVERYONE, him and us, I think we need a clean break from this board that we have…

In an attempt to help along this move Balram Chainrai has ‘written off’ £10m of his debt, not that he has written this off as such as he will get around £1m per year in ‘rent’ over a 15-year period as a result of taking possession of Fratton Park – should a takeover go through, and so long as he ‘plays fair’ this, whilst not exactly a good thing, is not a totally bad thing.

Lets see what Monday, or this coming week, does bring – although what I would say is lets NOT be too quick to jump on the ‘I do not believe it as Storrie says it’ bandwagon, yep in all honesty I cannot say that I totally believe what he says but lets at least see what this week brings.

DO NOT raise hopes, but lets just keep fingers crossed that something can be agreed ahead of the following Monday’s court case as our survival would look much better if we had some new owners, we would then have to hope that they CAN and WILL deliver what they would need to…

You can watch Storrie’s ESPN interview – here.

PLAY UP POMPEY!


Bookmark and Share


Join the Vital Pompey Debate

Trust