Owenspompey’s thoughts on his own worst Pompey 11 – plus sub.
Travelling the world with Pompey, well England, Scotland and Wales, plus the Channel Islands and Italy!! I have argued and debated with my fellow travellers who are the worst players to wear the shirt of our beloved Pompey.
Players who came with big reputations (Baird), those who came with big fees and egos (Maguire) and the players who made the short journey up the M27. These players are my selection for the worst in over 30 years.
Hopefully this will start a debate and we can collate the results to find out which in our opinions is the worst team.
What a load of rubbish they are, and we have paid their wages and spent long nights travelling back after watching these players underachieve and let us down.
Whilst it may not always have been their fault maybe the manager/s should take some of the blame, however we have to face facts some players just did not do it for us.
At last we seem to have got it right, but you never know there could be another one just around the corner.
Here is my selection
1. Andy Gosney – waited and waited then delivered nothing
2. Kenny Swain – could not tackle, lacked passion
3. Archie Styles – Everton before Pompey unbelievable!!
4. Gavin Maguire – Come on lads do I need to explain?
5. Trevor Roberts – Big hair, small talent
6. Malcolm Waldron – Always injured
7. Dave Bamber – Absolute rubbish
8. Mick Channon – Thought it was all fun
9. Ian Baird – Did not care and it showed!!
10. Paul Gilchrist – Career was over so go to Pompey
11. Ricardo Fuller – Bad buy as he continues to prove
12. Keith James – Keith who? England youth player with the ‘Legend’.
So there it is hope you give your opinion this is mine. Play up Pompey.