Date: 12th December 2012 at 8:15pm
Written by:

An article from PFCblue reflecting on the outcome of his recently suggested poll.

The PST might now be walking in a publicity minefield that could possibly blow up in their faces.

It’s close to Xmas and many people are tightening their belts.

Should the PST say that the take-up of pledges is going well, or urge fans to take-up their pledges otherwise the club will face liquidation?

If they push the ‘all is going well’ line then those fans who are facing financial hardship may take the view that their £1,000 is not that important.

On the other hand if they push the ‘threat of liquidation’ then the fans facing financial hardship may think what’s the point of risking £1,000 if the club’s going under.

Hence the poll to gage the feelings of the Vital members.

What the poll asked:

Will there be enough pledges converted for the PST takeover to be successful?

How you voted:

Yes 52%
No 27%
Difficult to predict (tight budgets & Xmas looming) 21%

Assuming the 52% are all converting their pledges it would be interesting to know if the other 48% come under the two categories above, or if they are converting but are pessimistic about the outcome (or maybe they didn’t pledge).

What are your thoughts on what the poll concluded?

Written by PFCblue.

The views within this article are the views of the individual who wrote and submitted this piece, sometimes solely theirs. They are not necessarily shared by the Vital Pompey Site Journalists.

Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v Preston.

Join the Vital Pompey Debate

Vital Pompey on: facebook Vital Pompey on: twitter

Join the Vital Pompey Forum Debate

 

4 Replies to “Will there be enough pledges converted?”

  • Heard something like this before insofar as there is only 50% conversion rate. I hope this is wrong as that could be harsh.

  • I’m reading rumours that the court case has been cancelled, but can’t find any reliable source to verify it.

  • Well I can say for sure… my money is staying with me. I was very keen on the idea of PST taking over the club and contributing, but the more that emerges during this saga the more I’m taking the view that we’ve had nothing but spin, hype and bull**** from all sides. As far as I can see… if this HNW developer hasn’t got the spondoolies its game over.

  • Well I can say for sure… my money is staying with me. I was very keen on the idea of PST taking over the club and contributing, but the more that emerges during this saga the more I’m taking the view that we’ve had nothing but spin, hype and bull**** from all sides. As far as I can see… if this HNW developer hasn’t got the spondoolies its game over.

Comments are closed.