An article from PompeyFrippy with all the ‘Vital Statistics’ ahead of Forest coming to Fratton tomorrow, and a special treat video.
PompeyFrippy’s ‘Vital Statistics’ ahead of Forest’s trip, and a quick return of Steve Cotterill, to Fratton tomorrow.
* Despite a poor start which saw Forest pick up just 8 points from 11 games, Forest have won 3 out of their 4 games since Steve Cotterill has taken charge.
* Forest currently sit 19th in the table, just one place and one point above Portsmouth.
* Only West Ham, Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough have won more away games than Forest this season.
* Forest’s trophy cabinet includes the trophies for the FA Cup(2), the League Cup(4), the European Cup(2), and the old Division One (1).
* Portsmouth are looking for their third successive home win for the first time since March.
* 4 of Pompey’s next 6 league games are scheduled to take place at Fratton Park.
* Pompey boast a better home record than any other team in the bottom half of the table.
* Maximum points could see them jump up the table by as many as 6 places.
* Pompey have won 6 of the last 7 meetings against Nottingham Forest.
* Dating back 35 years, there has only been 1 draw between the two sides in 22 encounters.
* Forest have failed to score more than 2 goals in each of their last 18 meetings with Portsmouth.
* Liam Lawrence spent part of his youth career at Forest, as did caretaker manager Stuart Gray, who later went on to play for them for 3 years. Ex-Pompey manager Steve Cotterill will be assigned to the away dugout for the first time since departing Fratton Park.
* This week’s treat goes back nearly 20 years to when the two sides met at Fratton Park for the right to face Liverpool in the FA Cup Semi-Final. Pompey won the match 1-0 thanks to this fortunate goal from Alan McLoughlin. The commentary is less than enthusiastic, but how different does Fratton Park look?
Frippy’s Virtual Bookies – Pompey v Forest.
Written by PompeyFrippy.
The views within this article are the views of the individual who wrote and submitted this piece, sometimes solely theirs. They are not necessarily shared by the Vital Pompey Site Journalists.
Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v Forest.
Vital Pompey on: Vital Pompey on:
Frippy’s Virtual Bookies – here.