An article from PompeyFrippy looking at the ‘Vital Statistics’ ahead of Doncaster’s visit to Fratton tomorrow – read on for more.
PompeyFrippy’s ‘Vital Statistics’ ahead of Doncaster’s visit to Fratton tomorrow.
* After gaining just 1 point from their first 7 games, Doncaster’s form has picked up under new manager Dean Saunders, picking up a respectable 7 points from their last 5 games.
* Doncaster are the league’s lowest scoring team so far this season, finding the net just 7 times in 12 matches.
* Donny have failed to score in 50% of their fixtures this season, and have only scored more than once in 2 of their last 23 games.
* Since beating Portsmouth 3-2 at Fratton Park last November, Doncaster have only managed 2 wins on the road in 21 attempts.
* All 3 of Portsmouth’s wins in the League this season have come at Fratton Park, gaining 10 points from their last 5 games there.
* Only 4 of Pompey’s 12 fixtures this season has seen both teams find the net.
* The last Portsmouth player to score in the first half at Fratton Park was Hermann Hreidarsson last March (against Scunnythorpe).
* Portsmouth have not picked up any bookings in the 2 games since Steve Cotterill left his managerial post.
* In the 12 times these two teams have clashed post WWII, Doncaster have only won twice, with Pompey tasting victory on 8 occasions.
* Portsmouth have scored exactly 2 goals in the last 4 meetings between the two sides.
* Doncaster have failed to score in 7 out of the 12 fixtures against Pompey.
* Neither side boast any players that have played for the opposition.
* Donny manager Dean Saunders is responsible for one of the most opportunistic and creative goals in history…
Written by PompeyFrippy and originally posted in this forum thread – here.
The views within this article are the views of the individual who wrote and submitted this piece, sometimes solely theirs. They are not necessarily shared by the Vital Pompey Site Journalists.
Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v Doncaster.
Vital Pompey on: Vital Pompey on:
Frippy’s Virtual Bookies – here.