An article from PompeyFrippy with all the ‘Vital statistics’ ahead of our visit to Turf Moor tomorrow to face Burnley, including a ‘video treat’ – read on for more.
* Burnley have not drawn a match since September, winning 7 and losing 6 of their last 13 league games.
* Despite being 2-0 down with 12 minutes to play at Hull a fortnight ago following 4 losses previous, The Clarets have had a remarkable run of form, winning that game 3-2 and going on to gain 9 points in a week.
* On-loan Wolves striker Sam Vokes has scored in both his last games for Burnley.
* Burnley have scored in each of their last 9 games, however they have only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 11 games.
* Pompey’s dismal away record continues, as they look for their first away win in 14 attempts.
* The Blues have the joint worst away record in the whole of the Football League (with Coventry), having mustered just 3 points from a possible 27.
* Michael Appleton is looking for guide his team to back-to-back wins for the first time in over 9 months.
* Portsmouth’s discipline has improved since the departure of Steve Cotterill, only picking up 8 bookings in the 8 matches since he left.
* Burnley hold a slight advantage over Pompey since 1947, winning 20 of the 48 fixtures, with Pompey winning 19 (and 9 draws).
* Burnley’s 2-1 win at Fratton Park last season was the only time since 1982 that Portsmouth have lost against the clarets.
* Portsmouth have scored in each of their last 13 meetings with Burnley, conceding just 8 goals during that time.
* There are no players that share a connection between the two clubs, however, Burnley manager Eddie Howe spent 2 years at Pompey, but played just twice after sustaining a career shortening knee injury.
* Turf Moor is the venue where Pompey won their last away Premier League match (the only one they won during the relegation season). The headlines revolved around Burnley defender Clarke Carlisle, who had recently appeared on Countdown. The centre-back had a bit of a conundrum, conceding 2 penalties and at fault for Pompey’s opener, as well as getting booked. As I can’t find anything worthwhile between the clubs past meetings, here is a selection of funny bits from Countdown!
Frippy’s Virtual Bookies – Burnley v Pompey.
Written by PompeyFrippy.
The views within this article are the views of the individual who wrote and submitted this piece, sometimes solely theirs. They are not necessarily shared by the Vital Pompey Site Journalists.
Click here to make your prediction: Burnley Pompey.
Vital Pompey on: Vital Pompey on: