Date: 17th March 2010 at 10:42am
Written by:

Of course we CANNOT jump to any conclusions but the ‘proposed’ takeover of Pompey by the Rob Lloyd led consortium has not exactly got off on the right foot has it?

Admin Andy was not happy that Lloyd went to the media, and some fans, before going to him and made that clear…

It was ‘said’ that Lloyd’s group were going to come up with a £3m bond to give them a ’14-day exclusivity agreement’ by the end of Monday, although The News has reported that they have missed this deadline.

Michael Kiely, one of the administrators – and one that recently met with fans groups, including our own eastneydave and ‘should’ be doing so again this weekend – said: ‘we held preliminary talks with Rob Lloyd on Monday evening. However, we requested proof of the deposit before we would progress matters any further.’

Also saying ‘no, not yet,’ when asked if the bond payment had been received yesterday as scheduled…

There could well be a valid reason for this, and as said ‘jumping to conclusions’ is not something we should do. Although, lets be honest it will be something that a lot will do.

Lets see what the explanation is before we go off half cocked though.

After all we ALL know how dramatic The News can be and how they love to sensationalise things, I guess when all is said and done they are a paper, this is what papers do – even if it is your local one and you would expect something more from them.

As said though it is not a good start is it? Especially if this main backer in the group is ‘said’ to have a fairly sizable swag bag…

PLAY UP POMPEY!


Bookmark and Share


Join the Vital Pompey Debate

Trust