Date: 26th January 2010 at 11:42am
Written by:

The ‘Pompey sources’ are out in force today!

A ‘source’ had been speaking to The Mirror, but this has been denied, as has a possible takeover by Saadi Gaddafi – although another takeover, with ‘interest’ from ‘2 or 3’ is ‘said’ to be on…

This particular ‘Fratton Park source’ told ESPN Soccernet: ‘we have been talking with a new potential owner, in fact we have been talking to two or three interested parties, and one of them is interested enough to want a second round of talks, and we shall know soon enough whether they will make an offer.’

‘Reports’ that Gaddafi Jnr could be on the verge of taking over have been ‘strongly denied’ though: ‘is this the silly season? Of course we have not. We’ve got enough problems as it is.’

With a ‘close aid of Ali Al Faraj‘ following this up and being quoted as saying: ‘we know nothing about Saadi Gaddafi.’

So, we ‘could’ be seeing a 4th takeover in the weeks ahead then?

We have had almost as many owners this season as we have signings!

Although payment of wages going through on time this month is AGAIN NOT looking very good…

‘Representatives of Al Faraj’ are quoted as telling Soccernet: ‘who knows? We hope so. This month the wages fall on a Sunday, so they need to be paid this Friday or Monday. Will they be late again? As I said, who knows?’

Glad that they cleared that one up – I feel much more ‘assured’ by this now!

‘If’ this is genuine, and this is the attitude, then it is well past time for them to move on methinks, right?

If they cannot even assure, yet again, that wages will be paid, and ‘if’ the latest ‘word on the street’ that a takeover could happen is true, lets just hope it can, and sooner rather than later!

PLAY UP POMPEY!


Bookmark and Share


Join the Vital Pompey Debate