Date: 26th August 2009 at 10:07pm
Written by:

Peter Storrie spoke to The Quay this evening to talk about his failed takeover attempt – this has failed right? Who knows anymore! – and what his own ‘future’ with Pompey will be…

Storrie on Sacha

‘A meeting was scheduled for 8.30am, but Sacha called me and asked to reschedule for 12. I asked him if there was a problem, as my people were getting nervous and he said no.’

It seems that Sacha has ‘screwed Storrie over?’

For some reason ‘the former Pompey owner’ decided that SAF was the right man to sell to – the thing that I cannot get my head round is if SAF has not been able to conclude this deal over the past 3-months what has suddenly changed?

Storrie on missing out

‘I am very, very disappointed, but its Sacha’s club, he decides. My group is very unhappy.’

I can imagine they will be ‘disappointed’ and ‘unhappy’ but much as Storrie said at the end of the day it was Sacha’s club so he decides who has it…

We just have to hope that Sacha has sold the club to the right person – he, through Storrie, kept banging on about selling to the person that can take us forward, although I have had very mixed feelings about Sacha for several months – saying nothing at all has not helped – so ‘maybe’ he has just sold to who was best for him. The one that ‘offered’ the most money, which SAF now needs to come through with.

Stop the bloody talking now SAF and deliver something – no f****ing around, after taking so long to ‘conclude’ this, although I still have reservations about this actually being 100% confirmed, you need to do something to prove yourself!

Storrie on his future…

‘I really don’t know whether that it would be possible (to work with Al Fahim), but we just have to wait for everyone to calm down.’

To be honest I really cannot see how Storrie can carry on at the club, although the same could arguably go for Paul Hart, as both were pretty open in their thinking that SAF would not come through with his takeover…

I must confess that I am not one of Storrie’s greatest fans and had some reservations about his own proposed takeover, as when all is said and done he is one that played a part in getting us into the mess we were in – although to be fair he has played a pretty big part in helping to get us out of it too!

All in all I no longer know what to think about anything – on the whole we, the fans, have been treated shockingly for the past few months. As said previously something major needs to be done now to repay this faith as if it does not the appalling turnout of some 6,500 (or so) on Tuesday could well become a regular thing, ok maybe double that due to season ticket holders, but crowds will remain very low…

The talking stops, actions must now speak louder than words, although for me I am not sure we have enough time left in this window and waiting until January will be far, far too late – SAF, the ball in well and truly in your court now, redeem yourself or I would not bother showing my face at Fratton too much!

Although I think we have to at least give him a chance, right…

PLAY UP POMPEY!


Bookmark and Share


Join the Vital Pompey Debate