Here is my response.
WE WILL GO DOWN – THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
As much as it hurts me to say, and sounds pessimistic but the facts are all too clear to see.
1. We cannot score more than one goal in all our league games bar once (Sunderland – the only side below us)
2. All the other teams above us are showing some improved form, we are not.
3. The gap from safety is increasing with Chelsea Away our next match.
4. The 5-0 loss to Birmingham is indicative of our league position.
5. I don’t believe we have good moral on and off the field.
6. The 4 wins this season have all come against moderate or poor opposition.
7. To expect 7 wins from 12 games when we have managed 4 from 26 to me seems wide of the mark.
8. The players are not used to each other as our team has had so many changes and personnel.
9. Fratton Park is not the fortress that it was – 2003/2004 (10 wins) 2004/2005 (8 wins) 2005/2006 (2 wins*)
10. Finally and probably the least important – we don’t have a Premiership ground or Premiership facilities.
I wish more than ever to be proved wrong, I have tipped Pompey in tipping competitions so many times this season, only to be disappointed on numerous occasions. I rest my case, now it’s up to the defence – literally.
If you would like to respond to this article register and email me at email@example.com. If your story about relegation is good enough I will publish it.